Rumor has it the front door entry is the soul of the home. Now that spring has sprung and Summer is on the horizon, it’s the perfect time to rejuvenate your outdoor entryway with a fresh makeover. The front porch of your home is the first chance to welcome your guests and make a lasting impression.
You don’t need to spend a ton of money to freshen things up. Just use your imagination, a little creativity and elbow grease. No matter what type of decorating ideas you envision, it can be yours.
6 Ways to Freshen Your Front Door Entryway
- Think about what inspires you, relaxes you or simply gives you pleasure. Then begin to organize and gather like-items that will tie together a theme to tell a story.
- Start with a clean slate. Clean everything! Sweep all the surfaces, scrub away all the pollen and finally… Spruce up and shine the window panes.
- Consider the style of your house before choosing an entryway idea. Will it complement your home and add interest or become a distraction?
- Give your front door a fresh coat of paint in a fun, seasonal color. Pick a color that enhances your theme and provides an attractive contrast to the house.
- Hang a new wreath on the door that showcases the details of your new theme. Wreaths are core decorating pieces that tie your idea together so make it count. Try a DIY wreath, (photo of my beachy wreath below, it’s my first) – how did I do? It was inexpensive, under $30.00 and fun to make.
- Purchase a cheerful doormat for your porch that adds to your new theme.
For my wreath I used a twig wreath, burlap ribbon, and chose some favorites from my shell collection With a little help from a glue gun, a small wall plaque and a couple feet, the assembling was easy.
If you need more front porch ideas, try looking here, there are ideas galore. Grab one and try it, but send me a photo.
Are you a beach enthusiast, enjoy coastal photography click here or sign up and join me…