With Springtime here and Summer close on the radar, I gathered a list of the best selling books on Happiness for your consideration. Everyone desires to be happier, and to seek personal improvement in one way or another, so maybe a tittle on this list might interest you.
Whether your reading preference is hardback, paperback, downloading to Kindle, Nook, or audible – here a few options.
1. Transforming Negative Self-Talk: Practical, Effective Exercises. July 2012, by Steve Andreas.
2. Better Than Normal: How What Makes You Different Can Make You Exceptional. March 2012, by Dale Archer.
3. Awakening Joys: 10 steps That Will Put You On The Road To Real Happiness, 2010, by James Baraz & Shoshana Alexander.
4. The Creativity Cure: A Do It-Yourself Prescription For Happiness. May 2012, by Carrie Barron & Alton Barron.
5. I Can Make You Happy. 2011, by Paul McKenna.
6. The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent A Year Trying To Sing In The Morning, Clean My Closets,Fight Right, Read Aristotle, And Generally Have More Fun. 2009, by Gretchen Rubin.
7. Flourish. 2011, by Martin Seligman.
My personal favorite is The Happiness Project. I stumbled upon this book in the airport one day and since then, I have recommended it to many friends. The author, Gretchen Rubin does a great job sharing her personal pursuit of happiness while engaging humor on her process. The book is packed with tips and offers a manifesto to follow.
Of course we have our own way of pursuing joy, but occasionally a good read can help shed a light on ways to enhance our thinking and behavior patterns into habits and nudge us along our merry way.
Have an extraordinary day
Categories: Reflecting life & thought provoking