Donna George Blog

A Beachy Point Of View

The Ocean

The Ocean rules all her captives, submitting to her with an indescribable sense of smell, feel, and sound that intoxicates her lovers. Could it simply be the draw of the familiarity of her water, gently reminding us somehow of our “watery womb” beginning. Or maybe, it’s the stirring of strong emotions buried deep within us, hidden underneath all the clutter. Sometimes its awestruck, for others its fear, but the tranquility of her breath allows us all to float.

A place where your imagination is free to go deep, and deeper. And eventually swallows your reality and transcends to your dreams.

mermaid

Mermaids are ruled by the ocean, shuffled by the surf and guided by the moonlight. Mistaken by sailors for manatees.

green sea

This is where I belong. How about you?

OCEAN

Happy trails
Donna George

12 thoughts on “Will Oceans Ever Rule The World?

1. Donna says:

I find waters if any type calming. Unfortunately we have moved to the prairies where the oceans are one of crops not water. Oh how i miss our home on the river. Thank you for a beautiful picturen

Liked by 1 person

2. swajithkas says:

Donna;
    “This is where I belong. How about you”?
    Still, trying to figure out where I belong, earth, space, everywhere or no where….
    Wishing you all the best…………………

Liked by 1 person

3. Yes, the ocean is my happy place. Each day I wake, check the tides, wind, and wonder, can I swim today? If not, I walk. Xx

Liked by 1 person

4. Donna George says:

You are very welcome Donna

5. Donna George says:

The whole universe is great anywhere but mermaids must be seaside

Liked by 1 person

6. Donna George says:

We are blessed to have the option, many people live landlocked – I would go crazy. lol

Liked by 1 person

7. I was thinking that this week on a walk…imagining the people who don’t know what we know, wondering where is there special place. No doubt they have one. I too would go crazy. There’s nothing to compare it to that’s for certain.

Liked by 1 person

8. Donna George says:

The city is fun, the culture and looking at the skyline. I always did that from hotel rooms,but my soul longed for the sea. You are right, everyone must have a resting place. Did you see my post from our mountain house? It’s in Boone NC close to 4 ski resorts. We love it there in the winter in the snow. Heading up there this week. Many people there love the mountains and feel the way we do about the sea. I love it there too but not as much.

Liked by 1 person

9. badfish2 says:

Very nice. And if we believe what they say about evolution (which, to me, seems accurate), then the ocean did once rule the world, and did even when that first fish crawled out and began breathing air and walking on its flipperss. And since the ocean still covers like 70% of the world, one could argue it still does. And it seems to rule our DNA’s memory, by calling us back to it.

10. Donna George says:

During the Noah Arks flood the ocean did rule the world, but under Gods hand. The seas will join again someday – for me the ocean always feels like home.
    Glad you enjoyed the post :))

11. badfish2 says:

Right. Kind of interesting to imagine the past of things, and the future. What is in store for things down here?

Liked by 1 person

12. Donna George says:

Interesting question. I think that answer depends on ones faith and what they believe to be true.

Liked by 1 person